- This event has passed.
Resilience & Mental Toughness for Leaders Event
October 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Date: 5th October 2022
Time: 10am to 4pm (Lunch Included)
Location: Ten Square Hotel, Belfast
Ticket Price: £495
Join us on Wednesday the 5th of October in the Ten Square Hotel Belfast for a unique opportunity to join with other leaders and managers and learn how to use the neuroscience of resilience & mental toughness for peak performance and building high performing teams.
Why Resilience & Mental Toughness is Essential for Leaders, Now and in the Future of Work
Resilience and Mental Toughness has never been more important for leaders to enhance their ability to build and lead high performing teams, both for now and for the challenges that are coming in the future of work.
Defined by the World Economic Forum as one of the most important skills for the future of work, resilient leadership significantly enhances a leader’s ability to:
- Stay healthy and psychologically strong
- Thrive under pressure
- Make the right decisions
- Manage uncertainty and change
- Learn from and grow more confident with each challenge faced
- Inspire, motivate and build high performing and resilient teams
- Innovate and stay ahead of the curve
therehuman’s Resilience and Mental Toughness for Leaders event is a fully interactive, immersive and practical learning experience for leaders from a wide range of sectors.
Morning (9.30am Tea & Coffee on Arrival)
- Why Resilience & Mental Toughness is so important for today’s leaders
- The Neuroscience of Resilience & Mental Toughness
- Resilient Leadership Stories – Terry Robb, Head of Personal Banking, Ulster Bank
- The Chemistry of Calm – Cultivating Stress Resilience
Lunch and an opportunity to meet other leaders
- Metacognition – Building Psychological Resilience & Mental Toughness
- Enhancing Mental Toughness for Goal Setting, Motivation & Peak Performance
- Building Resilient & Mentally Tough Teams
Resilient Leadership Stories
Terry Robb, Head of Personal Banking at the Ulster Bank will join us to talk about what Resilience & Mental Toughness has meant for him as a leader and its importance in building high performing teams for the future of work.
Outcomes of the Day:
- A clear plan for resourcing individual physical and psychological wellbeing
- Techniques to build stress resilience and remain calm and focused under pressure
- An opportunity to hear from other leaders about how they enhanced resilience and mental toughness under pressure
- Techniques to enhance resilient thinking patterns
- An understanding of the new science behind resilience & mental toughness and how to practically apply it to leadership
- A model for building mental toughness in the face of challenge, change and uncertainty
- Clarity on the key elements for building resilient teams
getting stronger with each challenge faced
I would go as far as to say that this is one of the best leadership programmes I have ever completed. With 32 years of leadership I have had the opportunity to attend many programmes but this one felt instantly different. After the first session I was hooked and I made sure I committed to attending all sessions. The programme was really powerful and benefited me professionally and personally in so many ways.
therehuman delivered a fantastic Resilience and Mental Toughness Programme to a group of our busy leaders. It was hard to take time out for our own development however the time taken was greatly rewarded with insights, tools and tips on how to build resilience and mental toughness both for us and to help us to lead and motivate our teams and departments.